As a self-proclaimed "non-writer", blogging has always seemed rather intimidating; however, as our family approaches a move of just over 4,000 miles, Jason and I had several motivators to pull us on the bandwagon. We hope our blog will be a medium to keep us connected to our beloved friends and family back in the US while we are living in Brussels. We desire for anyone who has the interest, to be able to watch our entire family grow as we immerse ourselves in a new language, culture, and climate (it's cold in Belgium!). Also, we thought this would be an ideal way for us to be able to look back and recall all the amazing experiences we've had along the way - both large and small.
Now naming a blog is a bit like naming a child. Seems easy, but much more intimidating once you sit down and make it official! I've been wracking my brain trying to think of something other than "The Burgin's in Brussels"...you know something meaningful, but not too serious. Just this morning while I was mulling over songs, passages of scripture, and other ideas I remembered a Michael Card song that deeply moved me the first time I heard it. It is titled "Joy in the Journey" and speaks to true joy, not that found in satisfying our own desires or finding what makes "me happy", but the true joy found in obedience in Christ and the joy of his salvation from our transgressions. Here is a link to the song for our friends or family who are not familiar with the song: Joy in the Journey. Our desire is for our three precious children to see this true joy emanating from our lives as their parents and to be drawn to the wonder of Christ and his love. We also want to enjoy these fleeting days that we have with them and find God's extravagence and beauty in both the vastness and grand nature of his creation, but also in our everyday lives.
So for now, I cannot make predictions as to the consistancy of my posts as we will be extremely busy over the coming months, but I will do my best both for our friends and family and as a reminder to us to see how far we have come in this journey!




4 comments:
I am proud to be the FIRST comment on your new blog! Yay! We are so excited for you, and jealous of this fun new adventure in your life. You better believe we ARE interested in this and will check your blog often!
so glad you are doing this...looking forward to following along in this journey!!
Thanks, Ladies!! I was so excited to see I had two comments. Now I can officially call myself a blogger.
I'm so excited for you and your family. As someone who traveled for 3 years with a job, I can tell you that the experiences you will have over the next 2 years will be indescribable...although, I will enjoy reading your blogging about them! I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks and to start planning our 2011 vacation to come visit you! May you find patience and peace in the coming weeks as you prepare for your move. I have no doubt that things will go smoothly!
Post a Comment