Monday, January 18, 2010

Home Sweet Home



    As of today our home is officially listed "on the market"!  It has been a hectic weekend, many late nights and lots of hands on projects but I think we are finally ready for our first showing.  Jason made up for his inability to help much during the week due to his work schedule by working from sun up until late into the night (really the following morning) all weekend! 
    We've just completed a renovation on our downstairs 1/2 bath and it turned out great!  In October, we had scheduled to have tile laid, a new sink, faucet, paint and molding put it.  I'm kind of bummed that we will only enjoy it for a few weeks, but we know that it will hopefully help attract people to the house. 
    It seems that going "live" today and preparing for showings has made this move even more real, more concrete!  Throughout this moving process, my hearts desire to is to grow in faith, patience, discernment and to have fun with my family!  Last night at our small group Bible study, someone shared the verse James 3:17 - "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere."  It resonated with me that this type of wisdom is exactly what I can grow in through this entire process.  I have a deep desire that my children and my family would see me striving after such wisdom, through God's grace, in all the situations that will arise.  The first being how to manage keeping a home with a 6 year old, 4 year old and 1 year old in show condition!  My prayer is not for our house to sell quickly (although that would be nice), but that I would grow in such wisdom and display Christ's love to my children, even in when we have pressures from every side. 
     On that note, I will sign off with a few pictures of our productive weekend!



Jason and I painted the brass trim around the doors of the fire place.  This is something we talked about doing the first time we stepped in the house!  Now three years later, and 8 weeks before we move it's finally done!  Here's the finished product...




Pictured below, Jason pressuring washing the sidewalk and driveway at about 9:30 p.m. after staining the entire deck with his friend James (I helped a bit, too!). 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

your house looks great! I remember when we were selling our house in Durham, and Luke pressure washed the sidewalks and stuff too! It's kind of sad that a house looks it best when you are about to sell it!

Anonymous said...

I found it!! Yeah!! I misplaced the address. I'm glad I found it. I'm so excited for you guys.

Looks like we'll be in your shoes real soon with trying to get our house to sell too.

Take care.
Zinnada<><