Forty-one days after landing back in North Carolina, four offers to purchase on four different homes, tiring negotiations, living in a one bedroom apartment for nearly 6 weeks, we are FINALLY moved into our new home! To say it's been a trying process would be a complete understatement, but we have seen how God has brought us to this specific house at his perfect timing and we couldn't be happier.
Now to rewind a bit and share a few details of the move-in process. The house is twenty-one years old, so there are several maintenance projects that we will be tackling over the next few months. First on the list, was new carpet for the second floor.
Before we closed, we came to the house to view carpet samples. The kids had a great time running through the empty house...
and more wrestling! These guys were troopers viewing well over 30 homes with us!
Right after we closed, I headed back to the house to meet the carpet guys. We had two days to get the project done before our belongings were to be delivered.
I was a bit nervous for the second day of carpet installation because the kids had to come with me. I was worried they would get in the way with their curiosity - especially because we had no TV, internet, toys, or bikes! We enjoyed time outside and they watched a RedBox movie on the portable DVD player. The time went by quickly and it was great for them to get a glimpse at putting carpet down.
Finally, the big day arrived! After rain earlier in the week, we were thankful for sunny skies.
Here is just one view of the crazy amount of boxes we unpacked. I pride myself on not being a "stuff" person, and regularly go through our closets for donations but seriously, they just kept bringing boxes in!! And this was only the stuff we took to Belgium with us, we still had a whole other delivery of our things that were stored while we were away that was coming on Monday!
Jason's brother, wife and kids stopped by for a few minutes on move-in day after finishing up at a work Halloween party. The kids had a great time playing in the moving boxes.
And now, this is our view down the drive way each morning. We've already seen dozens of deer - which does not bode well for the garden I was planning next spring! On our way to church this Sunday, we saw a group of eleven deer together.
Regardless of potentially chewed up tomatoe plants, we are speechless at God's provision and blessing on our lives. We had an amazing 18 months in Brussels, made lasting friendships and lifetime memories. Now we are back in the exact area we wanted to live with our family and friends near by. It's a wonderful life...




2 comments:
Sara, I'm so excited for you guys! I love the pictures of the new house, but I love even more the puppet show pic and the boys wrestling!! TOO CUTE! Congratulations and I hope we can see you sometime soon when life slows back down a bit.
Your new home looks beautiful! I love the view from the house down the driveway. Hope to see you soon (I'm heading back to Raleigh tomorrow after a month in the mountains...)
Post a Comment