We had high hopes of getting the Christmas tree up Thanksgiving weekend, but ended up pushing it back to the first weekend of December. However, I must admit I've been a bit of a grinch this year with the Christmas decor. It has been so hard for me to drag out plastic tub after plastic tub of decorations that I know will need to be packed up and stored away in the attic in only a few short weeks, all the while knowing I still have boxes that need unpacking and closets that need organizing from our move in October! So, at least the tree is up. Maybe next year we will work on outside decorations and a few more things inside.
This was the first year that that kids did pretty much all of the tree trimming without much guidance. Granted, the tree is a little bottom heavy and Jason and I really didn't go back and adjust to spread things out like we normally do.
We enjoyed hot chocolate, Christmas music and cupcakes during the evening as well.
We are so blessed at our church to have an amazing children's music program. The teacher for the children's choir is a former school music teacher and is teaching the children music theory, how to play the recorder along with learning their songs. In early December, Jenna and Ethan sang with the choir in the adults Christmas musical.
Later that week, the children's choir was invited to perform at the senior adult Christmas luncheon at church. They sang a few group songs, played Jingle Bells on their recorders and all the children who are currently studying an instrument were able to play.
Jenna chose to play Carol of the Bells. I was so proud of her as this was her first time playing the piano in front of an audience. She didn't seem nervous at all and did a great job! You can click here to see her debut:




No comments:
Post a Comment