Monday, April 15, 2013

Easter

This year we traveled to Concord for Easter.  My father and his wife, plus my older sister with her 4 children live down there.  We haven't been down for Easter in several years, and the kids were excited to spend time with their cousins.

Despite predictions, the weather on Easter weekend turned out to be pretty nice so thankfully all 7 of the older kids were able to spend lots of time outside.

On Saturday, we were able to let the kids dye some eggs outside.  Much less stressful and hectic when 7 kids between ages 4-12 can use dye outdoors rather than worrying about spilling indoors!

Cousin Taylor helped the little ones with the eggs.

Jenna was deep in concentration marking her egg.

Even the boys enjoyed the craft time.
Sunday morning started out a bit hectic as the alarm I set didn't go off, then the clock in the bedroom we were staying in was still reading an hour behind.  We were supposed to be at church at 7:00 a.m. for the sunrise service.  Gavin woke up a bit during the night, so I snuggled him next to me to try to get a few extra minutes sleep before getting up.  After a few times of dozing off, I looked at the clock and it said 6:10 a.m.  I thought, please just five more minutes...only to realize about 30 seconds later that 6:10 was really 7:10!!  We were already 10 minutes late for the service!  I ran to get everyone up and dressed as quickly as possible and we were out the door in less than 15 minutes.  Not bad for a family of 6.  Thankfully, my Dad lives within walking distance to the church so we made it for the second half and the delicious breakfast provided by the men at the church.

Here'e the big guy looking snazzy for his first Easter!

The best we could for a group shot.  I really can't believe how big these kids are getting!  This was after the service so Gavin was ready to rest and everyone else was pretty hungry.

After the main service, we enjoyed a wonderful meal together and I actually managed a Sunday afternoon nap!  That hasn't happened in a while, so I was extremely thankful and refreshed.

And here is 4/5 of the Nix grandkids.  Don't let them fool you...


THIS is the normal chaos that ensues when all the kids are together!  


We ended up staying in Concord for an extra day.  Jason worked from home while my sister and I took the kids to a park to enjoy the 70 degree day.  We had a wonderful weekend spending time with family and celebrating the resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Glad you were able to spend Easter with your family!