Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ETHAN is 5!!

Five years ago today, Jason and I welcomed our second child into the world, Ethan Mitchell. 


We knew that life would change.  Going from one to two children is always an adjustment.  Also, knowing we began parenthood with a quiet, mild tempered, fairly compliant daughter, we anticipated life with a rowdy boy would be a bit different.  Boy were we right! 


From early on he has been very different from his sister.  Drawn to cars, balls, trucks, and anything he can use to make noise - lots of noise!
Ethan is full of life! He begins everday with wild enthusiasm, his laugh is contagious, and you never know what will come out his mouth next! Just last week when we had to go to a sports store to pick up a few items for their new activities, out of the blue Ethan said, "Mom, you look pretty today." Now if that doesn't melt a mother's heart, I don't know what would!
Here is a glimpse of our Ethan in the pictures below.  For those of you who do not know him well, I think you can get a taste of his vibrant personality through the collage.

















Our prayer is that we can raise an honorable son who desires to glorify God in his thoughts, words and deeds.  I pray daily for wisdom in parenting this precious soul.  Thank you, Ethtan, for bringing so much life, love and joy into our home.  We love you and thank God for the gift of your life everyday!

3 comments:

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!!!!

He's so cute and he sounds alot like Ronin.. I'm pretty sure I also have a pic of Ronin in cowboy getup with the baby staring at him in wonder. :)

Hope he has a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, E! We miss your energy! Love you Burgin Family!!

ZHodges<><

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos and great memories captured! A special birthday tribute!